Mediterranean Cuisine is a culinary style that originated in the Mediterranean region, which contains a diverse mix of cultures united by their closeness to the Mediterranean Sea. This includes Greece, Italy, Spain, France, Turkey, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, and other countries. As a result, Mediterranean food is highly diverse, although certain ingredients are standard throughout.
Here are some significant features and popular items from Mediterranean cuisine:
- Emphasis on plant-based foods: Mediterranean cuisine is well-known for its emphasis on fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, seeds, and nuts.
- Healthy fats: Mediterranean cuisine widely uses healthy fats, in contrast to many Western diets that emphasize consuming low-fat foods. The Mediterranean diet’s main ingredient is olive oil, which is used in cooking, salad dressings, and even as a dipping sauce for bread. Additionally, olives themselves are a common meal. Meals usually contain nuts and seeds, which are rich in good fats.
- Seafood: Given the Mediterranean region’s geographic position, seafood is an everyday part of the diet. Fish and shellfish are an important source of protein.
- Moderate amounts of dairy and poultry: The Mediterranean diet commonly includes dairy products like cheese and yogurt, however, local variations can exist. While less popular than shellfish, poultry is also eaten.
- Red meat is consumed in moderation: Compared to many Western diets, red meat isn’t consumed as frequently. It is frequently used in small quantities to flavor foods and is typically consumed in moderation.
- Herbs and spices: Mediterranean cuisine typically uses a variety of herbs and spices, such as garlic, basil, mint, rosemary, sage, and oregano, in addition to salt, to add flavor.
- Wine: Red wine is commonly consumed in moderation in many Mediterranean countries, and it is frequently paired with meals.
Popular foods from this region include Greek salad, Italian spaghetti and pizza, Spanish paella, Turkish kebabs, and Middle Eastern hummus and tabbouleh. It’s also worth mentioning that the Mediterranean diet is frequently praised for its potential health benefits, such as heart health and longevity.
Over the past few years, we’ve seen the volume of people searching for “Mediterranean Cuisine”, indicating a growing preference for recreating their favorite Mediterranean dishes at home. Across our managed publishers, we see millions of Mediterranean Cuisine searches each month. This provides a unique opportunity for companies with Mediterranean food products such as olive oil, herbs, seafood, pasta, cheeses, dips like hummus, and hearty soups.
Recipe Targeting is in our DNA
Since 2008, we’ve been the global leader in Recipe Targeting solutions online and it’s in our DNA. Not only was our founder a professional chef, but the entire Gourmet Ads team is made up of passionate foodies and food bloggers. Gourmet Ads can deliver Recipe Targeting across publisher content in Real Time as well as via Audience Segments in our Ad Server or yours via various DMP and DSP Integrations. No other company has the depth in Recipe Targeting that we do.
Reach Mediterranean Food Shoppers
We offer the ability to either advertise on pages next to Mediterranean recipes or to individuals who have previously looked at Mediterranean Recipes in the past. We know that people looking at Mediterranean recipes are likely preparing for a grocery shopping trip to purchase Mediterranean ingredients or already have Mediterranean ingredients stocked in their fridge or pantry.
Mediterranean Cuisine Targeting Solutions
Realtime Mediterranean Recipe Targeting
Our Realtime Mediterranean Cuisine and Recipe Targeting option allows an advertiser to run their advertising next to Mediterranean Recipes as the shopper looks at the page. This is the ultimate solution for Mediterranean food products. We can run this targeting across our own managed supply and via audience extension.
Mediterranean Audience Targeting
Our Mediterranean Audience Targeting options allows an advertiser to run their advertising targeted to people who have recently looked at Mediterranean Recipes. This offers significantly larger scale than our Realtime Targeting option.
Popular Mediterranean Recipes
We see a wide range of Mediterranean Food based searches and content across our publishers. There are literally millions of Mediterranean based searches each month. The top twenty Mediterranean Recipes searches we see include;