Sushi Recipe Targeting
Sushi is a traditional Japanese dish that typically involves vinegared rice combined with a variety of other ingredients, such as raw or cooked seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits. Contrary to common belief, “sushi” actually refers to the vinegared rice, not the fish or other toppings.
Here are some common sushi items:
- Nigiri: This is a type of sushi featuring a slice of raw fish (like salmon or tuna) over pressed vinegared rice. Sometimes a small amount of wasabi is placed between the fish and the rice.
- Maki: Maki is sushi that’s been rolled with a bamboo mat and includes rice, seaweed (nori), and fillings like fish or vegetables. These are cut into bite-sized pieces. There are different types of maki, including Hosomaki (thin roll with one filling), Futomaki (thick roll with two or more fillings), and Uramaki (inside-out roll, with rice on the outside).
- Sashimi: While not technically sushi (since it doesn’t include vinegared rice), sashimi is often served at sushi restaurants. Sashimi is thinly sliced raw fish or seafood served without rice.
- Temaki: Temaki is a hand roll which is a large cone-shaped piece of nori on the outside with the rice and fillings spilling out the wide end.
- Chirashi: This is a bowl of sushi rice topped with a variety of sashimi (raw fish).
- Inari: Inari is a pouch of fried tofu filled with sushi rice.
- Gunkan: A small oval of sushi rice (wrapped with a strip of nori) with a topping such as fish roe or sea urchin.
- Oshi: Pressed sushi, in which the fish and rice are pressed together in a box or mold.
Common fillings or toppings for sushi include salmon, tuna, eel, shrimp, squid, octopus, crab or imitation crab, fish roe, omelette (tamago), cucumber, and avocado. Wasabi, pickled ginger (gari), and soy sauce are usually served on the side. The pickled ginger is used as a palate cleanser between different kinds of sushi. Across our managed publishers, we see millions of sushi recipe searches each month. This provides a unique opportunity for sushi ingredients, Japanese products and restaurants.
Recipe Targeting is in our DNA
Since 2008, we’ve been the global leader in Recipe Targeting solutions online and it’s in our DNA. Not only was our founder a professional chef, but the entire Gourmet Ads team is made up of passionate foodies and food bloggers. Gourmet Ads can deliver Recipe Targeting across publisher content in Real Time as well as via Audience Segments in our Ad Server or yours via various DMP and DSP Integrations. No other company has the depth in Recipe Targeting that we do.
Reach Sushi Shoppers
We offer the ability to either advertise on pages next to Sushi ideas and recipes or to people who have previously looked at Sushi recipes in the past. We know that people looking at Sushi recipes are about to go out to buy ingredients to use or already have them in the refrigerator or pantry.
Sushi Targeting Solutions
Our Realtime Sushi Recipe Targeting option allows an advertiser to run their advertising next to Sushi recipes as the shopper looks at the page. This is the ultimate solution for advertising Sushi ingredients and products. We can run this targeting across our own managed supply and via audience extension.
Sushi Audience Targeting
Our Sushi Audience Targeting allows an advertiser to run their advertising targeted to people who have recently looked at sushi recipes. This offers significantly larger scale than our Realtime Targeting option.
Popular Sushi Recipes
We see a wide range of Sushi searches and content across our publishers. There are literally millions of Sushi searches each month. The top twenty Sushi recipe searches we see include;