Spanish Language Targeting
Hispanic advertising refers to marketing efforts that target Spanish Speaking populations of consumers. Advertising to Spanish speaking audiences and targeting ads appropriate requires a couple of guidelines.
But is advertising to such a niche linguistic group (ie people who speak Spanish) worth it in the food and wine industry? The Spanish Langage “niche” may be more substantial than you think.
Spanish Language in Digital Advertising
There is a massive volume of Spanish speaking people, nations, countries, and groups in the world. In the United States alone, there is a substantial population of people who are Spanish-speaking consumers.
Top Global Spanish-Speaking Populations
1. Mexico – 110M speakers
2. U.S.A. – 50M speakers
3. Spain – 46M speakers
4. Colombia – 45M speakers
5. Argentina – 40M speakers
6. Venezuela – 28M speakers
7. Peru – 25M speakers
United States Spanish-Speaking Populations
1. New Mexico – 48.5% Spanish Language speakers
2. Texas – 39.1% Spanish Language speakers
3. California – 38.9% Spanish Language speakers
4. Arizona – 30.9% Spanish Language speakers
5. Nevada – 28.5% Spanish Language speakers
6. Florida – 24.9% Spanish Language speakers
7. Colorado – 21.3% Spanish Language speakers
Spanish Targeting in our Ad Server
When it comes to targeting Spanish-speaker consumers with ads, there are two main things to keep in mind:
- Target people who have “Spanish Language” set in their computer or mobile device, and
- Target people who are looking at website content that is in Spanish.
If you pair these two targeting methods, you’ll maximize your overall audience reach. When it comes to the latter, in the context of food and wine marketing, you’ll want to target users who are viewing Spanish or Mexican food recipes. This is especially so if your product is included in the ingredient list for the recipe in question.
10 Popular Recipes Amongst Spanish-Speakers
These popular Spanish dishes are trending online and should be considered when working on your own programmatic advertising for food products:
1. Tortilla de patatas / Spanish omelet
2. Pan con tomate / Bread with tomato
3. Tostada con tomate, aceite y jamón / Toast with tomato, oil, and ham
4. Gazpacho / Cold soup
5. Churros / Spanish fritters
6. Gambas al ajillo / Shrimp scampi
7. Chorizo a la sidra / Sausage with cider
8. Paella / Spanish rice dish
9. Pisto / Spanish ratatouille
10. Sangria / Red wine with fruit
Spanish Language Targeting with Gourmet Ads
At Gourmet Ads, we offer Spanish Language Targeting in our Ad Server for both Managed Serices and Programmatic Advertisers. Spanish recipes are becoming more and more popular, and the internet has made it easier than ever to find excellent authentic Hispanic and Latin recipes for a wide range of dishes. This is a perfect opportunity for Spanish food and grocery manufacturers and e-commerce businesses to market their products online through programmatic advertising. And Gourmet Ads is the best advertising platform to do it. We’ll help you reach Spanish food shoppers quickly and efficiently, when and where they want your products. We use real-time Spanish recipe targeting to let advertisers run their ads on Spanish recipe pages when users are actively viewing the page, which is one of the best solutions for food-based targeting.
Let’s Get Started !
Let the Gourmet Ads team walk you through all the options available to ensure that your Food, Supermarket, Beverage or Kitchen advertising campaign has the best possible combination of Premium Guaranteed Inventory, Scale, First Party Data, Contextual Targeting and Programmatic Advertising elements.