German Language in Digital Advertising
There is a massive volume of German speaking people, nations, countries, and groups in the world. In the United States alone, there is a substantial population of people who are German-speaking consumers.
Top Global German-Speaking Populations
1. Germany- more than 80M speakers.
2. Austria – 8M speakers
3. Switzerland- 4.6M speakers
4. USA- 1.06M speakers
5. Belgium – 75000 speakers
6. Luxembourg – 390.000 speakers
7. Paraguay – 62,700 speakers
United States German-Speaking Populations
1. Wisconsin – 38.42% German Language speakers
2. North Dakota – 38.32% German Language speakers
3. South Dakota – 36.38% German Language speakers
4. Nebraska – 33.03% German Language speakers
5. Iowa – 32.72% German Language speakers
6. Minnesota – 31.88% German Language speakers
7. Kansas – 24.63% German Language speakers
German Targeting in our Ad Server
When it comes to targeting German-speaker consumers with ads, there are two main things to keep in mind:
- Target people who have “German Language” set in their computer or mobile device, and
- Target people who are looking at website content that is in German.
If you pair these two targeting methods, you’ll maximize your overall audience reach. When it comes to the latter, in the context of food and wine marketing, you’ll want to target users who are viewing German or Austrian food recipes. This is especially so if your product is included in the ingredient list for the recipe in question.
10 Popular Recipes Amongst German-Speakers
These popular German dishes are trending online and should be considered when working on your own programmatic advertising for food products:
1. Sauerbraten or Roast Beef Stew or German Pot Roast
2. Pork Knuckle/ Schweinshaxe
3. Rabbit Stew/ Hasenpfeffer
4. Döner Kebab / Doner Kebab
6. Sauerkraut / Combination of vegetables
7. Zwiebelkuchen and federweisser / Onion cake and federweisser
8. Reibekuchen/ Pancake of fried potatoes
9. Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte / A cake with sponge cake, liqueur, and cherries
10. Apfelstrudel/ An apple pastry
German Language Targeting with Gourmet Ads
At Gourmet Ads, we offer German Language Targeting in our Ad Server for both Managed Serices and Programmatic Advertisers. German recipes are becoming more and more popular, and the internet has made it easier than ever to find excellent authentic German and Austrian recipes for a wide range of dishes. This is a perfect opportunity for German food and grocery manufacturers and e-commerce businesses to market their products online through programmatic advertising. And Gourmet Ads is the best advertising platform to do it. We’ll help you reach German food shoppers quickly and efficiently, when and where they want your products. We use real-time German recipe targeting to let advertisers run their ads on German recipe pages when users are actively viewing the page, which is one of the best solutions for food-based targeting.