Targeting your advertising to Supermarket Shoppers directly
If you’re reading this blog, you already know that one of the most effective ways to market your product is by targeting advertising to supermarket shoppers directly. Reaching supermarket shoppers, however, does take a little bit of experience and know-how to help you get the most bang for your advertising buck. Essentially, all advertising programs fall into three categories- local, regional, and national campaigns. Each one plays an important role in getting the word out to shoppers about your brand, and a good campaign will target all three audiences. The following are the top ways to reach supermarket shoppers and get the word out about your brand:
- TV Advertising – Primarily used by large food manufacturers to reach a broad, national audience, television advertising remains one of the best ways to reach supermarket shoppers. While you do reach a large number of television viewers simply by airing your commercial, a truly effective campaign must take into account not only reaching viewers but giving them a reason to act- for example by visiting your website, printing out a coupon, or going to the supermarket to purchase your product.
- Newspaper Advertising – Coupon usage is at an all time high and many consumers still get their coupons from their local newspaper. If you have a new product that is being released in a certain area, newspaper advertising can be a way to target a regional audience that you may not be able to reach through other mediums. Newspaper advertising can bring in more customers than even television advertising if it is done correctly.
- Outdoor Advertising – Outdoor advertising is another traditional method that is still effective in today’s market. Supermarket shoppers, like the rest of us, are spending more and more time in their cars, and outdoor advertising has become more sophisticated to appeal to these busy consumers. While outdoor advertising primarily involves either traditional or electronic billboards, other media like travelling advertisements on buses or other exciting methods.
- Radio Advertising – With the increase in the amount of time that families spend in their cars, radio advertising is reaching a larger and more family-oriented audience than ever before. Radio advertising reaches busy working moms and stay at home moms as they transport kids to school and activities. Research shows that mothers are still the primary grocery shoppers and make the majority of decisions about meals, and so reaching these mothers through radio advertising is a smart way to market to a regional audience.
- Catalogue Advertising – Print advertising remains a smart way to appeal to customers even in the age of digital media. Specialty advertisements in catalogue allow you to reach a highly specific target audience that is likely to be interested in your product.
- Supermarket Loyalty Programs – Supermarket shoppers who use loyalty programs are more likely than other shoppers to purchase products from a particular store. You can take advantage of advertising directly to loyalty program users to encourage shoppers to purchase your product.
- Online Advertising – Shoppers are more web savvy than ever, and one of the best ways to bring new consumers to your product is by creating an online advertising campaign. There is a large amount of research dedicated to finding ways to catch the attention of supermarket shoppers online, and creative agencies can help you create advertisements that encourage customers to click through to your website.
- Email Advertising – Creating email advertisements that your customers will notice is a great way to ensure that your brand remains in front of supermarket shoppers Not only can you create your own email advertisements, you can advertise within other newsletters to reach an even larger audience.
- In-Store/ POS Advertising – The best place to reach many customers is while they are still in the supermarket. In-store and point of sale advertising is one of the best and most cost effective ways to reach both new and repeat customers and encourage them to add your item to their cart. There are a wide range of in-store advertising options, including print, grocery cart ads, in store coupons, in store radio advertisements, flyers, and more.
A combination of strategies work best when Advertising to Supermarket Shoppers
Advertising to supermarket shoppers is an effective tool in any brand’s marketing arsenal. Multiple campaigns and platforms can combine strategies to create a marketing plan that reaches a wide audience and increases sales. Gourmet Ads can help you choose the right digital advertising program for your brand, so that you can directly advertise to the supermarket shoppers.